Imagine your life as a movie. If you are the director, a nurse care consultant serves as your stage manager. He or she is a deeply knowledgeable guide (usually a nurse, social worker, or allied professional) who finds you high-quality help, arranges locations, and advises concerning needed services.
Nurse care consultants are part of a national organization with training requirements, codes of ethics, and a nationwide network of support in case you need to move to a different part of the country.
Aging affects all aspects of life so a nurse care consultant draws upon many areas of expertise:
- Advocacy. Communicating with doctors and navigating the very confusing eldercare network to get you the care you want.
- Health and disability. Conducting an assessment and making recommendations so you, and your family members can rest assured that a plan is in place if you need extra help.
- Local resources. Recommending area service providers. Anyone can Google. But a nurse care consultant intimately knows quality and reputation and can match best services for your budget and priorities.
- Family. Helping relatives understand their role and work together to support your wishes.
- Housing. Providing independent recommendations for the best fit based on your needs, priorities, and resources. No kickback referral fees limiting your choices.
- Finances. Reviewing your options to identify eligibility for programs and ways to stretch your dollar wisely.
- Legal. Assembling needed paperwork and referring you to reputable attorneys as needed so you are well covered by a professional team.
- Crisis intervention. Providing a calm, friendly, knowledgeable presence who knows you and your wishes and can advocate for you during a scary time.
Would you like a guide for aging well?
Give us a call at 888-607-6027.